- We believe that the Holy Scriptures
are the Word of God and that all things therein, from the first verse
to the last verse, are true.
- We therefore also believe, teach and
confess that there is a Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy
- We believe that Jesus Christ is not a
mere man, a “wise man of Nazareth," but that He is the true Son of God
and only Savior of the world.
- We believe that man is justified
before God, and eternally saved, through faith in Christ, and not by
- We believe that baptism is not merely
a rite of initiation, or an inaugural ceremony, for entry into
Christianity, but that it works regeneration (the new birth) and
thereby, if it so be that one believes, one receives forgiveness of
- We believe that in the Lord’s Supper
not only the bread and the wine are present as signs and symbols of the
body and blood of Christ, but in, with, and under the bread is the true
body and in, with, and under the wine is the true blood of Christ,
according to His own words, “This is my body, this is my
- We also believe that God through the
called and ordained servant of the Word forgives sins. To be sure, God
only can forgive sins, but He does so through man.
- We furthermore believe that there is
a heaven and a hell and a resurrection of all the dead.
- In brief, we believe everything the
Bible teaches. We will also, at the very outset, confess publicly that
we can admit no one to the Lord’s Supper who does not profess to
believe all these things or rejects a single one of these articles of